Tag Archives: sharepoint

LiquidSilver 0.3.0.0 Beta released

LiquidSilver 0.3.0.0 Beta has been released on Codeplex.

Changes in this version:

  • HgElevatedContext
    • Revamped the HgElevatedContext class to be more usable.
    • Renamed the HgElevatedContext class to the HgContext class.
  • HgContext
    • Modified the HgContext class to make the context elevation optional.
  • HgList
    • Changed the default batch size to 1000 (was 2000).
    • Added the AddFolderStructure() method.
    • Added the GetAllItems() method.
    • Added the BaseGetAllItems() method.
    • Fixed the AddFolderStructure() and AddFolder() methods
      bug.
  • HgListItem
    • Added the SetLookup(Guid fieldId, string lookupValue) method.
    • Added the SetLookup(string fieldName, string lookupValue) method.
    • Refactored the field name resolution in the field parsers method to improve the
      performance.
    • Fixed the GetDate() method not parsing the value correctly.
  • HgListItemVersion
    • New class to manage list item’s versions.
  • HgSecurity
    • Refactored classes not to dependant on the HgSecurity class.
    • Removed the HgSecurity class as it introduces potential memory leaks.

If you want to try it, you can download the code and binary from Codeplex.

Kindly submit bug reports to the issue tracker or visit the resource page for more information.

LiquidSilver 0.2.0.0 Beta released

LiquidSilver 0.2.0.0 Beta has been released on Codeplex.
Changes in this version:

  • Fixed a bug in HgListItem when parsing double and int fields.
  • Added the LiquidSilver.Extra project.
  • Added the LiquidSilver Extra feature.
  • Added the WebPartsExplorer Web part.
  • Signed all projects with a strong name key.

If you want to try it, you can download the code and binary from Codeplex.

Kindly submit bug reports to the issue tracker or visit the resource page for more information.

InfoPath 2010 breaks SharePoint 2007 installation

Last time I wrote that the stsadm -o copyappbincontent command didn’t work if you had installed Office 2010 on the same machine with your SharePoint 2007. Later I found the same problem on more scenarios:

  1. When running the stsadm -o copyappbincontent command.
  2. When attaching a content db to Web application.
  3. When running the psconfig command or running the SharePoint Products and Technologies Configuration Wizard application.
  4. The SharePoint’s upgrade.log file is missing.

When you perform any of those operation, you will get the following error message:

One or more types failed to load. Please refer to the upgrade log for more details.

The message told you to refer to the upgrade log. Ironically, the upgrade.log file is missing from the logs folder.

Previously, I thought the solution is uninstall the whole Office 2010 suite. But apparently, uninstalling InfoPath 2010 is enough to solve the problem.