InfoPath 2010 breaks SharePoint 2007 installation

Last time I wrote that the stsadm -o copyappbincontent command didn’t work if you had installed Office 2010 on the same machine with your SharePoint 2007. Later I found the same problem on more scenarios:

  1. When running the stsadm -o copyappbincontent command.
  2. When attaching a content db to Web application.
  3. When running the psconfig command or running the SharePoint Products and Technologies Configuration Wizard application.
  4. The SharePoint’s upgrade.log file is missing.

When you perform any of those operation, you will get the following error message:

One or more types failed to load. Please refer to the upgrade log for more details.

The message told you to refer to the upgrade log. Ironically, the upgrade.log file is missing from the logs folder.

Previously, I thought the solution is uninstall the whole Office 2010 suite. But apparently, uninstalling InfoPath 2010 is enough to solve the problem.